Patent Lawyers in Nigeria
Under the Intellectual Property Law of Nigeria, an invention is a technical solution that must be of worldwide novelty, involves inventive steps, and is applicable in various social and economic fields.
AAED Law IP practice provides clients patent services as following:
- Advise legal matters and the patent-ability of inventions and utility solutions in Nigeria;
- Conduct patent searches and provide information on invention or utility solution, advise measures to protect patent or utility solution in Nigeria and abroad;
- Complete the applications (including translating, writing patent description, preparing illustrative drawings of a patent) and file to register the invention, license or utility solution;
- Enforce the invention or utility solution rights, including investigation, supervision, negotiation, mediation, lawsuit initiation to handle infringement in Nigeria and overseas.
- Advise matters related to maintenance, payment of maintenance fee; recording of all changes of patent application/registrations;
- Draft, evaluate, register usage or ownership transfer of contracts on invention or utility solution;